Genetic Genealogy for Adopted Adults and Descendants
This presentation is to help those who are wanting to trace their genetic roots, using DNA, but do not know the surnames of their most immediate ancestors. We will discuss:
- Which DNA tests may benefit you and how they benefit people differently.
- How to use the information from distant cousins to identify your roots.
- How to determine the most likely relationship between you and a new-found DNA match.
- Cross referencing between multiple DNA sites.
- Etiquette for contacting new found relatives.