Call For Presenters 2023!
GenealogyKC is one of the largest genealogy conferences in the Midwest and it’s FREE. GenealogyKC will be held in September 2023 (specific dates TBA) at 6751 NE 70 th Street, Kansas City, Missouri. This is a church meetinghouse for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and known as the Liberty Missouri Stake Center. It is adjacent to the Kansas City Missouri Temple.
If you would like to present and have a dynamic class idea, you are invited to submit a proposal to the GenealogyKC Program Committee. Please note that because this is a free conference, your presentation will be on a volunteer basis with no payment or honorarium to be received. If selected to present, you will help shape the regional genealogical community, gain experience in presenting, and allow GenealogyKC to continue serving our community.
The theme for this year is “Belonging” meaning we all belong together. Presentations on this theme and
the following topics are requested but not limited to:
- Research in Missouri, Kansas, and the Midwest
- Immigration and Migration
- Methodology & Standards
- Digitization & Organization
- Sharing Research, Photos, Etc.
- Case Studies and Stories
Presentations should be 60 minutes in length and include a brief question and answer period. They should be original presentations and outside materials must be properly referenced. To be considered all presentations must be educational in nature – that is, sales presentations will not be accepted.
Presentations will be evaluated based on timeliness of the topic, relevance, and speaker qualifications.
Submitting Your Presentation
Complete and submit proposals using the electronic form linked below. Multiple proposals may be submitted. Deadline for submission is April 22, 2022.
Proposal should include the following information:
- Speaker information – name, organization if applicable, address, email, and cellphone number
- Short speaker bio for each presenter
- Title of the presentation
- Description of the presentation (75-100 words)
- Target audience – basic, intermediate, advanced, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Indicate understanding that syllabus material is due August 1, 2023.
- Indicate if technical support and/or equipment are needed.
- Indicate consent to photo, video and/or audio recordings